Book/course relationships are listed on the "Courses" tab.
- District Home
- Other Data
- Create Book/Course Relationship
Book/course relationships are key to calculating the district's and each campus's eligibility numbers per ISBN, as well as enabling several course-dependent reports (within the District View and the Campus View). Example reports include "District Analysis of Need," "Campus Analysis of Need," "Class Roster Book Check," and "Class Roster with Bar Codes."
- Click on Other Data, located in the Navigation Bar.
- Click on Courses. This opens the "Courses” page.
- Search for the desired course.
- Click on Details, found in the course's row. This opens the respective "Course Details” page.
- Click on Add, found under the Textbooks Tab. This opens the Course/Book Assignment page.
- Search for the desired ISBN.
- Click on the select box, found in the ISBN's row. This opens the "Eligibility Percentage” fields.
- Enter the desired percentage into each field.
- Click on Add Selected, found above the blue header bar. This updates the "Course/Book Assignment” grid.
- Click on Previous Page to return to the "Course Details” page. This will update the Textbooks Tab to include the newly added ISBN.
- To add multiple ISBNs to the same course after adding the first ISBN, repeat steps 6 through 9 until all desired ISBNs have been added.
"Eligibility" (a number the district uses to approve added materials requested from a campus) is calculated by the following equation:
To edit campus book/course relationship percentages (used when calculating campus-specific eligibility counts), review "Transfer Book-Course Relationships."
Most districts choose student edition materials for students only. To only account for student enrollment eligibility, use zeroes in the "Teacher %" fields for student edition materials. In almost all cases, districts choose teacher edition materials for teachers only. To only account for teacher enrollment eligibility, use zeroes in the "Student %" fields for teacher edition materials.
To designate that every student/teacher enrolled is entitled to a copy of the ISBN (1:1 ratio), "100%" is entered into the respective campus percentage field. It is common to have a higher percentage for the district fields. This allows for district growth, special education copies, etc.
- Review an ISBN's district-wide eligibility numbers in the "Textbooks Details" within the Inventory Tab under the "Textbook Needs” section. Reports have three "District Analysis of Needs" reports (current enrollment, max enrollment, and percentage forecast).
- Review a campus's eligibility for an ISBN in "Find a Book" and/or the "Campuses Details" Eligibility Tab. The "Campus Analysis of Need” report is another option for reviewing a campus's eligibility.
- Review current book/course relationships with the “Master Courses Listing” report.
- Review a list of all courses assigned to a specific ISBN on the Textbooks page.