"Parts Management" allows districts to manage and track in Asset Management untagged consumable items at each site.
The "Parts Management" feature follows similar permissions, based on view and editing options, as the "Product Catalog." Admins in the "Admin View" have capability to allow the level of "Parts Catalog" interaction for "Site View" users as needed (see "User Roles," "Limit Permissions for a Site User," and "District Settings: User Role Settings").
Parts must exist in the "Parts Catalog" and be associated to a site prior to associating those parts to existing products from the "Product Catalog." Users in the "Admin View" can make individual and bulk site associations to the "Parts Catalog." Site users with appropriate permissions may add/edit "Parts" and make "Product" associations as needed.
Click on a hyperlink to jump to that article topic:
Using Parts Management
Accessing Parts Management
- Click on Catalog in the top navigation.
- Select Parts. The "Parts" window opens.
Add New Part Record
The "Parts Catalog" grid allows an admin to associate "Parts" to sites, view existing "Parts," and update the quantity and/or the minimum stock within the field on the grid.
"Parts" are entered directly into the grid. The "Part Type" and "Part Area" drop-down menus are created by users who have permission to add and edit parts.
- Click Add Record. The record opens within the grid.
- Enter the applicable field information.
- Use the drop-down menus to enter information for Part Type and Part Area.
- Select the Green Plus Sign to add a new option (permissions-based action).
- Click on the field name, or press Enter on your keyboard, to save field data.
- Select Save Changes routinely to save record entries.
- Cancel Changes to clear data that has not been saved.
Selecting a part allows a user to view details for the respective part.
The Inventory tab displays the location(s) to which the part is associated, the part’s total inventory quantity at each location, and the minimum stock.
Admins in the "Admin View" can add sites with or without quantity. Adding a site without a quantity allows site users to add a quantity later.
Negative adjustments are indicated in red and with a negative (-) sign. Positive adjustments are indicated in green.
Expanding a "Part" record allows a user to view details for the respective part.
Add Parts Inventory to Sites
The "Parts Quantity" field is an aggregate of all the site's parts inventory.
- Select the expander/caret on left side of the record.
- Click on the Inventory tab.
- Click on Add Inventory.
- Filter for site(s) to be updated.
- Select the checkbox on left of the record row.
- You can select the checkbox above the purple header to select all of the records.
- Click on the Quantity field to add quantity. Repeat for each site that needs an inventory count.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Click on the X icon to exit/close the window.
- All parts must be added manually. There is no way for untagged items to be converted to parts or Excel spreadsheets to be moved over.
- "Minimum Stock," "Cost," and "Quantity" searches are dependent on the user clicking away from the box after pressing Enter. The user can click anywhere outside of the search box.
- Special characters are not searchable.
The Products tab allows for product association to a part, and displays part and product association.
Selecting a product allows a user to view details for the respective product. The Products tab displays each product's information.
Admins can assign products to parts. The assignment allows users to see specific product assignment.
- Click on Assign Products.
- A modal opens, allowing to search the full "Product Catalog."
- Search by name, number, manufacturer, and/or type.
- Select check box(es) next to the products you wish to associate.
- Click Save to keep your changes or Cancel to reject them.
Inventory History Tab
With every change made to inventory quantities, the Inventory History tab tracks the date, user, site name, quantity adjustment, and final quantity of the part.
- The Inventory History tab tracks the "Date," "User" (first and last name), "Site Name," "Quantity Adjustment," and "Final Quantity of the Part."
- Negative adjustments are indicated in red and with a negative (-) sign.
- Positive adjustments are indicated in green.