"Parts Management" allows districts to manage and track in Asset Management untagged consumable items at each site.
- Admin & Site View
The "Parts Management" feature follows similar permissions, based on view and editing options, as the "Product Catalog."
User view and role determine access and editing opportunities in the "Parts" area. "Site View" users can see and access "Parts" that are allocated to the site they are currently on, and the full "Parts Catalog" based on permissions of the user. "Site View" users with appropriate permissions can add/edit "Parts." "Parts" fields include: "Part Number," "Part Name," "Part Type," "Part Area," "Quantity," "Cost," and "Minimum Stock" for the site.
Parts must exist in the "Parts Catalog" and be associated to a site prior to associating those parts to existing products from the "Product Catalog." "Site" admins/users with appropriate permissions may add "Parts" and make "Product" associations as needed. Admins/users in the "Admin View" can make individual and bulk site associations to the "Parts Catalog."
Click on a hyperlink to jump to that article topic:
Accessing Parts Management
Product Catalog Menu
Upon logging in, "Admin" and "Site" users select Catalog from the top navigation and see a drop-down menu displaying Parts and Products.
Parts Catalog Functionality
The "Parts Catalog" grid allows an administrator to associate parts to sites, view existing parts, and update the quantity and/or the minimum stock within the field on the grid.
|Add Record||Adds a "Part" to the Asset Management "Parts Catalog"|
|Search Fields||Located at the top of the "Parts Catalog" grid, the search fields allow for keyword and drop-down filtering of parts using the "Part Number," "Part Name," "Part Type," "Part Area," "Quantity," "Cost," and "Minimum Stock"|
|Save Changes||Located at the top of the "Parts Catalog" grid, allows the user to add a new part to the catalog. Save changes frequently. All unsaved changes will be lost. If you navigate away from the grid, change a filter, or refresh, all work will be lost.|
|Cancel Changes||Clear data that has not been saved|
|Show Full Parts Catalog||Allows "Site" users to view parts that are allocated to the site they are currently on and the full "Parts Catalog," based on permissions of the user|
|Refresh||Refreshes the content and returns the screen to its original state|
Descriptions of the different types or groups of parts.
Part Type: laptop, calculator, printer, cell phone, etc.
Part Area: Technology, Maintenance, Operations, Plumbing, etc.
Add New Part Record
The "Parts Catalog" grid allows an admin to associate "Parts" to sites, view existing parts, and update the quantity and/or the minimum stock within the field on the grid.
"Parts" are entered directly into the grid. The "Part Type" and "Part Area" drop-down menus are created by users who have access to add and edit parts.
Selecting a part allows a user to view details for the respective part
Parts Inventory Tab
The Inventory tab displays the location(s) to which the part is associated, the part’s total inventory quantity at each location, and the minimum stock.
Admins in the "Admin View" can add sites with or without quantity. Adding sites without a quantity allows "Site" users to add a quantity later.
Negative adjustments are indicated in red and with a negative (-) sign. Positive adjustments are indicated in green.
Expanding a "Part" record allows a user to view details for the respective part.
Add Parts Inventory to Sites
- Click Add Inventory to view a list of sites to which users can add parts inventory.
- Once a site has been added to the inventory, it is removed from the modal. If all sites are added to the modal, a pop-up appears: “No records to display.”
- Make sure to check the box so the new site inventory quantity is added for the part.
- If do not check the box, your entry will not be saved. No error displays.
- Use Tab or your mouse to click into the next site quantity box.
- Click Save to associate the part to selected sites.
- Click the checkbox at the top left of the grid to select all sites in the system.
- This includes warehouse display.
When performing a "Site Name" search, clicking the Select All checkbox at the top left of the modal will only select the sites returned in the search results, allowing you to add site inventory in bulk.
An admin in the "Admin View" can add sites without parts inventory quantity, allowing "Site" users to add a quantity later.
Parts Products Tab
The Products tab allows for product association to a part and displays part and product associations.
Selecting a product allows a user to view details for the respective product. The Products tab also displays each product's information.
Products Tab Functionality
Admins in the "Admin View" can assign products to parts. This assignment allows users to see which products use certain parts.
- After clicking Assign Products, a modal opens, allowing you to search the entire product catalog.
- Search by product number, product name, manufacturer, and product type.
- To assign products to a part, check the boxes next to the product.
- Once a blue check is visible, you can click Save to keep your changes or Cancel to reject selections and close the modal.
When performing a search for product number, product name, manufacturer, or product type, clicking the Select All checkbox at the top left of the modal will only select the sites returned in the search results, allowing you to add site inventory in bulk.
Parts Inventory History Tab
The Inventory History tab shows all adjustments made to the "Parts Inventory Quantity," who made the adjustments, when they were made, and quantity count changes.
- The Inventory History tab will track the "Date, "User" (first and last name), "Site Name," "Quantity," "Adjustment," and "Final Quantity" of the "Part."
- Negative adjustments are indicated in red and with a negative (-) sign.
- Positive adjustments are indicated in green.