Administrative level users may import the details of a purchase order in order to issue the contents to a room, staff, or student.
From the Purchasing Grid:
- Review the Import Details box to verify the desired file contains data for each of the required fields and/or optional fields.
- Click Browse to select the desired file to import.
- If the desired file does not contain a header row, uncheck the box labeled My Table Has Headers.
- Click on Import to refresh the window with the file's data.
- Select the Location Type to which you are importing: Room, Student, or Staff. You must have a separate file or worksheet for each type, and can only import to one location type at a time for each site.
- For workbooks with multiple worksheets, you will also be prompted to select the active worksheet.
- In the Import Review section, identify the product name and/or product number from their respective column drop down menus.
- Click on Detect Custom Fields. Custom fields will display in the Required Fields line and Optional Fields line of the Import Details section. If a custom field is required, it must be identified.
- In the Import Preview area, verify that each column in your spreadsheet is mapped to the corresponding field in TIPWeb-IT. Be sure to select Do Not Import for any empty column or data that is not related to the import.
- Click on Validate to review the file for possible issues.
- Once the validation is successful, click on Finish.
Check out our related video -- as you review this topic.