After creating a TIPWeb-IT purchase order, receiving the item(s) from a vendor, and shipping those item(s) to a site, TIPWeb-IT allows administrative level users to receive those shipped items on behalf of the site. A purchase order shipment to a site must be in the status of In Transit before items can be received to the respective site.
Receive Items for a Site via Scanning Tags
This process allows administrative level users to receive items to a room, assign the status of the item (available or in use), assign the tag to the item, and record any required custom field data.
- In the top navigation bar, click on Purchasing.
- Filter the Purchasing grid to locate the desired purchase order.
- Choose a purchase order by clicking on its row.
- On the Products tab, locate the desired product to receive.
- Click on Ship to Site to open the Shipping Management window.
- Click on Scan Tags in the In Transit shipment row.
- When the Receive By Tag window appears, select the status of the product from the Status drop down menu:
- Available - assigns this item to this room for the purpose of later issuing it to an individual or another room.
- In Use - assigns this item to this room and designates it is not available to issue to another room, staff, or student.
- Locate the item's Tag and scan it into the Tag field.
- If extra data is required, enter/scan the data into the respective field(s).
- Continue to scan all tags until the entire quantity of this product has been received (the Room and Status field will default to last user selected setting).
- Once all items have been received, a success message will display to communicate receiving for this product is complete. Click Done to close the Receive By Tag window.
Check out our related video -- as you review this topic.