The User Portal provides access to the User Dashboard of the Help Desk Management System. \ End users submit tickets and view knowledge base articles through this access.
Features vary according to the structure of the program and features set by the Help Desk administrator.
Click on a hyperlink to jump to that article topic:
Log In Using SSO
- Access the login URL provided by your district.
- Use your SSO credentials to log in.
Login Not Using SSO
- After you receive an email with your username and temporary password, in your browser’s address bar, enter the URL.
- Insert the Username and Password supplied in the email.
- Click on Log On.
Depending on your system setup, you may see a pop-up window.
- Insert your employee ID. This must be the ID used in Asset Management.
- If you are unsure of your employee ID, select I don’t know my ID.
- Click on Submit.
- Select the down arrow to the right of your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen and select Profile Settings.
- Select Change Password.
- Enter the temporary password in the Current Password field.
- Enter what you would like your password to be in the New Password and Confirm New Password fields (must be at least 8 characters).
Creating a Ticket
- Log into Help Desk.
- Click on the device associated with the issue you are experiencing, or click on Create Ticket to enter a ticket not associated with the devices on the dashboard.
- Select the Problem Type by clicking on one of the problem types listed.
- Select what you believe the priority of the ticket should be (If applicable in your system)
- Insert a short description of the reason for submitting the ticket.
- Provide a detailed description of the problem. The more information you provide, the quicker the technician can assist in resolving the ticket.
- Select Next.
- Device Details allows the association of a device to the ticket.
- Verify the Site and Room are correct. If there are multiple associated sites, select the drop-down to select the appropriate one.
- Verify or update the phone number where a technician may contact you.
- Click on Submit.
Reviewing a Ticket
- Locate a submitted ticket in the user dashboard under the blue Your Tickets bar.
- Click on the Ticket Card to open the ticket
- Use the Add Comments button or type in the Discussion tab to leave information for the technician.
Resolving a Ticket
- Click the Resolve button to cancel the ticket.
Accessing the Knowledge Base
- Access the Knowledge Base articles from the "User Dashboard" at the top of the page.
- Filter for topics under Title heading.
- View an article by clicking on the article name.