Asset Management allows you to create up to four custom fields. The custom field created for the respective product type allows you to denote specific information per tag.
For example, you may wish to know the operating system installed on each desktop computer, or you may wish to track which of your laptops is instructional or non-instructional.
- Admin View
Add a Custom Field to a Product Type
- Click on Catalog, located in the top navigation bar.
- Click on Product Types under "Management Quick Links." The "Manage Product Type" window opens.
- Search for the product type.
- Click on Edit next to the product.
- Under Add Custom Field, enter the name in the Field Name box.
- Select the data type from the Field Type drop-down menu.
- Select the Required Field checkbox to make the custom field required each time a tag is issued for this product type (optional).
- Click on Add Custom Field.
- To add an additional custom field to this product type, repeat steps 5 through 8.
- Click on Close to close the "Manage Product Types" window.