TIPWeb-IT allows newly acquired items to be assigned to your sites through the Purchasing grid. Receiving items to your site requires one or more products within a purchase order to be in the status of In Transit. The district will send a Pick Ticket with the new items.
Using the Purchasing Ticket, TIPWeb-IT allows site users to receive items to a room located on the site, assign the status of the item (available or in use), assign the tag to the item, and record any required district created custom field data (such as serial number, image date, etc.).
Receive Items from a Purchase Order via Scanning Tags
Purchasing Tickets lists one or more In Transit items available to receive from the respective purchase order. You must have the purchase order number to receive items to your site.
- In the top navigation bar, click on Purchasing.
- In the Order Number field, enter/scan the purchasing ticket barcode for the purchase order number.
- Choose a purchase order by clicking on its row.
- On the Products tab, locate or scan the purchasing ticket barcode for the desired product to receive.
- Choose a product by clicking on its row.
- Click on Scan Tag into Inventory in the In Transit shipment row.
- When the Receive By Tag window appears, assign the product to the room by selecting it in the Room field's drop-down menu.
- Select the status of the product from the Status drop down menu:
- Available - assigns this item to this room for the purpose of later issuing it to an individual or another room.
- In Use - assigns this item to this room and designates it is not available to issue to another room, staff, or student.
- Locate the item's Tag and scan it into the Tag field.
- If extra data is required, enter/scan the data into the respective field(s).
- Continue to scan all tags until the entire quantity of this product has been received (the Room and Status field will default to last user selected setting).
- Once all items have been received, a success message will display to communicate receiving for this product is complete. Click Done to close the Receive By Tag window.
Check out our related video -- as you review this topic.