After creating an Asset Management purchase order, adding the respective product(s) to the purchase order, and receiving the item(s) from a vendor, Asset Management allows you to ship those item(s) to a site or multiple sites. Products must be received before they can be assigned/shipped to sites.
- Admin View
Click on a hyperlink to jump to that article topic:
Ship Product(s) to a Site
This process requires administrator-level credentials. Creating an Asset Management purchase order requires the products and vendors, respective to the purchase order, to pre-exist in your Asset Management data.
- Click on Purchasing, located in the top navigation bar.
- Filter the "Purchasing" grid to locate the respective purchase order.
- Click on the respective purchase order's row. The grid expands.
- In the Products tab, locate the respective product to ship.
- Click on Ship to Site. The "Shipping Management" window opens.
- Enter the Site ID into the Site field (typing in the number requires clicking on Next). OR, click on Search to select the Site ID.
- Enter the invoice number in the Invoice Number field.
- Click on Open the calendar popup to set the Invoice Date.
- Enter the quantity to ship in the Quantity field.
- Click on Save. The "Shipping Management" grid updates.
- To enter shipping quantities for other sites respective to this purchase order's selected product, repeat steps 6 through 10.
- Click on Process Print Ticket on the respective shipment's row. The shipping status changes to "In Transit."
- Click on Print Ticket to generate the PDF.
Closing Out a Purchase Order
A purchase order can be closed without processing all the products within it. Existing products can still be edited, received from a vendor, and shipped/received. Changing to a status of "Closed" prevents the addition of products and the ability to edit purchase order details. Once closed, a purchase order can only be reopened by the administrative level.
"Invoice Number" and "Invoice Date" are optional fields. When the information is saved in the "Shipping Management" window, any data in those two fields will be associated with assets scanned as part of the purchase order. The invoice number and invoice date will show up on the funding information for the tags and on the purchasing ticket.
Invoice numbers can be edited at any time through the "Edit" function.