The approval process consists of routing newly created tickets to an identified approver, and then routing the ticket back into the workflow process.
A video highlighting the approval process is available in On-Demand Webinars: Help Desk.
Approvers can move through the approval process via the card view or the ticket view. This changes the status of the request approval to one of the following:
| Request Approval
- Includes tickets with routing rules that require ticket approval
- Available approval options: Approve, Deny, or Pending
- Use the Comment field to add notes or information to share with users, techs, or admins
- Click the Approve/Deny option to begin the approval process
- A holding pattern for an approval and an acknowledgement of the request
- Can trigger a notification indicating the request is pending
- Click the Approve/Deny option to approve or deny the ticket
- Indicates an approved request
- Can trigger a notification indicating the request was approved
- Status is changed to "Open" and routed to an assignee based on the routing rule
- Indicates a denied request
- Can trigger a notification indicating the request was denied
- Status is changed to "Closed"