The approval process consists of routing newly created tickets to an identified approver, and then routing the ticket back into the workflow process.
The following video walks through ways of setting up and using the approval process.
Approvers can move through the approval process via the card view or the ticket view. This changes the status of the request approval to one of the following:
| Request Approval
- Includes tickets with routing rules that require ticket approval
- Available approval options: Approve, Deny, or Pending
- Use the Comment field to add notes or information to share with users, techs, or admins
- Click the Approve/Deny option to begin the approval process
- A holding pattern for an approval and an acknowledgement of the request
- Can trigger a notification indicating the request is pending
- Click the Approve/Deny option to approve or deny the ticket
- Indicates an approved request
- Can trigger a notification indicating the request was approved
- Status is changed to "Open" and routed to an assignee based on the routing rule
- Indicates a denied request
- Can trigger a notification indicating the request was denied
- Status is changed to "Closed"