Rules can be created that route tickets to the appropriate channels upon creation.
- Ticket Routing
Click on a hyperlink to jump to that topic:
Creating a Routing Rule Upon Ticket Creation
- Create a routing rule and conditions by clicking Create Rule.
- Define a rule name (required) and a description (optional).
- Create a new condition to direct the routing rule by clicking Add Condition.
- In the condition, use the first dropdown field to choose the condition will be based on.
- Use the second dropdown field to select the condition requirements (i.e., is, is not, contains, etc.).
- In the final field, type in the information for the condition.
- Add additional conditions to narrow results. you can specify results by choosing one of the following:
- All conditions must be valid
- Only one condition must be valid
The following are actions that can be performed when a rule is triggered.
- Assign to (required) - set a ticket to be assigned to a specific technician role. If unassigned, make sure there is a service group assigned (see below) to prevent routing loss.
- Assign to Service Group - If toggled, allows the assignment of a service group to which a ticket will be routed.
- Set Status To - options include "Open," "Removed," or "Request Approval."
Complete the rule creation by clicking the Create button. You may edit a rule using the Edit button. Delete a rule using the trash icon. Disable a rule using the toggle.