Problem Types guide the users to choose the category for the ticket issue.
- Field Management
- Problem Types
Click on a hyperlink to jump to that topic:
Creating a Problem Type
Use the following steps to create a new problem type:
- Begin the creation process by clicking on Create Problem Type.
- In the Name field, provide a unique name for the problem type.
- In the Description field, enter an optional description of the problem type.
- Click the checkbox to hide the problem type from the User Portal.
- Click the checkbox to require users and technicians to use the sub-problem type.
- Click the checkbox to hide the problem type from the students using the User Portal.
- Use the dropdown to restrict the problem type to a specific service group.
- Upload an image for the problem type by clicking the Browse icon and navigating to the image.
- Click the Create button to save the new problem type.
Editing Problem Types
Existing problem types can be editing using the following options:
|View a summary of the problem type details|
|Edit the problem type details|
|Deactivate the problem type|
Sub-problem types can be added to problem types by clicking the Add Sub-Problem Types option. Click the Edit option to edit an existing sub-problem type. You can click the Inactivate option to deactivate the sub-problem type.